Covid 19 Safety Policy
Our primary focus is the health and wellbeing of our clients and our staff. We are highly committed to taking every action possible to prevent the spread of Covid-19. We are continuously reviewing any government and RSA updates that may affect our policies and procedures.
PLEASE DO NOT ATTEND YOUR DRIVING LESSON IF:
- You have tested positive for COVID-19 and are not symptom free for more than 14 days
- You have been in close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
- You or someone living in your home, are experiencing symptoms such as cough, high temperature or shortness of breath.
- You are pregnant or immune compromised.
The following actions are being taken at Top Gear School of Motoring:
- Regular review of the HSE and Road Safety Authority (RSA) guidelines.
- Hand sanitiser, gloves and face masks are available from your instructor before starting the lesson. ( It is recommended you supply your own face covering ). After the driving lesson, client should leave the car with their PPE and dispose of it properly.
- All common touch points such as steering wheel, indicators, seatbelts, door handles, etc., are being cleaned, sprayed, and disinfected multiple times each day. Disposable seat covers are provided for every client and changed after every lesson.
- Each appointment is followed by a 15-minute gap to allow time to ventilate and disinfect the car and common touch points between appointments. The Driving School vehicles have been fitted with wind deflectors to allow the windows on driver and passenger side to remain partially open during lesson to facilitate air flow through the car as required.
- Driving instructor will wear a face shield and gloves while providing you with tuition.
- If you have a mask and gloves, we will ask you to wear them when attending your driving lesson. Please note, that if you are wearing glasses, it is recommended that you wear a face shield, instead of a face mask, to prevent your lenses from fogging (alternatively, please visit https://www.allaboutvision.com/coronavirus/avoid-foggy-glasses-face-mask/ for advice on how to prevent your glasses from fogging). It may be worth using contact lenses if you feel you will have an issue with this on your lesson. If there are vision issues due to fogging, then on safety grounds the lesson with be cancelled straight away.
- Your temperature will be checked on arrival and you will be asked to provide your telephone number to allow contact tracing, if necessary. The testing process will be conducted using thermal scanners requiring no skin contact. If the scanner’s reading result is within the normal range of body temperature (equal to or less than 37.3°C) then it is considered safe to start tuition. If a person’s temperature is equal to or in excess of 37.4°C, the person will not be allowed to receive tuition and will be advised to contact their GP.
- Clients are asked to be punctual and to wait until your instructor invites you to approach their car at the appointment time. Temperature checking, Hand Sanitising, Fitting of PPE, must all take place before the student touches the Driving School vehicle. Gestures such as hand shaking must be avoided. Use of mobile phones, drinking, eating or smoking/vaping is also not allowed during the lesson, as well as bringing any items that are not necessary for the lesson. To avoid cross contamination between student/instructor, no loose items such as phones, wallets, purses, bags, coats, water bottles etc. are to be left in the vehicle at any time.
You will be asked to supply your own pen as any shared documentation requiring completion and signatures must be done in the safest way possible.
- We will ask you to pay by card via bank transfer where possible. If using cash payments, please ensure correct change is given to avoid as much cash transfer as possible between student/instructor.
- We will ask you to sign a consent form to agree to provision of tuition in the current circumstances.
We are highly committed to preventing the spread of Covid-19 and are actively promoting the HSE guidelines regarding hygiene and preventative measures. By implementing the above measures, we hope to be able to continue to provide you with our service.
Please co-operate with us in these difficult times with the wearing of and correct fitting of PPE especially face masks that cover mouth and nose. ( We cannot provide tuition if students refuse or will not comply with wearing these in the appropriate way).
- If you are providing your own vehicle for your driving or pretest lesson, please be aware that the same standard of Hygiene/Sanitisation is essential for the lesson to take place.
- Your instructor will complete the temperature scanning check, ensure that you have the appropriate PPE fitted and inspect the vehicle to ensure that it has been cleaned internally to provide the safest environment for the lesson to take place.
- Please ensure you have your own pen for completion or signing of required documentation.
In order for us to be able to provide you with driving lessons, we have been required that you read the following statement and sign that you consent to below: